23 February 2014

My Biography (Entry 1)

Me at Langkawi
          I was born as Nor Amirah Imilia Binti Azlan Samudin. I was born on 12 June 1991 and I am 23 years old. I am the third child of 5 siblings in my family and was born and raised in Ipoh, Perak. I am the second daughter in my family and am being supported by my single mother, Zaidah Bt Ghazali. I have one older brother, one older sister and two younger sisters. My mother works as a dentist’s nurse in a government clinic. My motivation in life and to succeed has always been for my family. My goal in life has always been to make my family’s life better and to make a difference in the world.

          My education started as an English Preschool at Tadika Pelangi at Batu Gajah, Perak. I moved to SRK Seri Ampang for my primary school at the age of 7 and briefly studied at SK Selabak, Teluk Intan at the age of 8. By the age of 9, I moved back to SRK Seri Ampang until I finished my UPSR with the result of 5A’s. After UPSR, I applied to MRSM and was accepted in MRSM Pontian Johor as my secondary school and stayed there for a year and a half. Because of the very long distance at a very young age, I transferred to MRSM Lenggong, Perak in 2005 and finished my PMR with the result of 8A’s. With my good results, I applied for MRSM Taiping, one of the top MRSM in the country at my time and studied for two years until SPM and scored 5A’s and 4C’s. During my school years I am very active in many aspects and most noticeable in Taekwondo. I had represented my school in various occasions and won most of it. I was also the Head of the Bulletin Department in the school’s magazine in 2007 and a part of the Student Council. Studying in boarding school as prestigious as MRSM has taught me many lessons in life and has prepared me in many aspects of my life. It taught me to be disciplined, mature and focus on what’s important in life. They also taught me how knowledge is most important part of a person’s life. It is the most powerful weapon that a person could carry throughout their life.

          After SPM I took a Diploma in Interior Architecture in UiTM Seri Iskandar on 2009 on my mother’s request and graduated in 2012 with a CGPA of 2.78. I have worked in the interior design industry for 3 months as an interior designer for the company Azam Hias Sdn Bhd in Ipoh and decided I want to find my way in Computer System and Networking as my future career instead as it is my true passion. I've been always intrigued by technologies and its importance in society. My study plan in this path is to take diploma for 3 years and continue in degree for another 2 years and a half and continue till masters for another 1 or 2 years. My passion is to learn and to absorb as much knowledge that I can understand. Nowadays, technology and system has been an increasing demand and importance in our daily life. Software and technology are proven important and pays well as it is listed among the most demanded and well-paid jobs in Malaysia.

          As I plucked my courage to finally take a step in reaching my passion in technology, I hope once again, I will achieve greatness by applying for my Diploma in Computer System and Networking at KPTM Batu Pahat, Johor. I can achieve greatness as long as I set my mind on it.