23 February 2014

Dialog Between Me And A Stranger (Entry 2)

One day in Melaka.
Tourist: Excuse me, miss? Do you have time to help me?

Me: Yes, of course. What do you need?

Tourist: I'm currently touring Melaka and I'm wondering if you know the way to the famous Jonker Street. I heard there's a lot of good food sold there.

Me: Yes, I do know the way to Jonker Street. It's quite near, you can reach it by foot in less than 10 minutes. They do sell various good food there. Most of them are Melaka delicacy and are very delicious. They usually sell them on small stalls, but you can also find some at nearby restaurants.

Tourist: Do you mind telling how to get there from here? I don't have a map with me right now and I'm travelling by foot.

Me: Yeah, sure. Did you see any roundabout before you came to this building in front of you?

Tourist: Yes I noticed it when I was walking to here earlier.

Me: Well from here, go to the roundabout and take the right turn. You'll notice that the road is crossing a river. There's a River Cruise there, if you're interested in going on later.

Tourist: That sounds lovely, I would check it out later someday.

Me: After the roundabout, just walk straight until you see a junction on your right. Go right then straight until you see the Cheng Ho Museum and then turn left. After that, just go straight up until you see the Cheng Hoon Temple on your left. After the temple, turn left. You will see Jonker Street after going straight. It is usually not much to see during the day. It gets much busier during the night.

Tourist: Thank you so much for your help. I hope you have a nice day.

Me: You're welcome. May you have a nice day too in Melaka.